Intermediate Fencing Class
This program is perfect for fencers that have completed the beginner/ youth level class and have been invited by coaches to progress their fencing skills in the sport. Fencers learn and practice new fencing drills every month in a group setting with coach(es). Program is suitable for fencers that are 10 yrs and older in the foil or epee weapons. The class is schedule Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 to 7 pm in person and virtual. Initially all the practice equipment is provided to use upon signing registration and release of liability. However, fencer is responsible to aquire his/ her own electrical equipment to practice learned skills with scoring devices during open fencing. Open fencing is schedule from 7 to 8 pm on the same days as the group class.
Equipment Care Instruction
- The fencing equipment is provided to every student (weapon, mask, glove, and uniform) and has to be taking home weekly to be washed.
- The student is responsible for any damage to club equipment.
- The student is responsible for fixing his/ her own damage electrical equipment.
- Armorer is available for repairs for a set fee.
- Electrical equipment for rent is available for a set fee.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- The temperature and oxygen level intake is check at arrival and departing time (log is kept for reference).
- Everyone must wear a face mask inside the facility (face masks available for sale at $5). face mask MUST be changed every day of practice.
- Coaches and students wear a face mask under the fencing mask during fencing practice and bouting.
- Everyone engaging in any fencing activity must wash their hands and/ or hand sanitizer before, during, and after practice.
- Each student is assigned his/ her own fencing gear (mask, glove, and uniform) and must be taking it home weekly to be washed.
- The student is responsible for his/ her own electrical equipment and must be taking home after every practice.
- Athletes should bring their own personal bottle of water (water fountain ONLY available for refill). Bottle of water available for $.25
- The parents should drop students and picking them up at the front entry.
- A limited number of people is allowed in the waiting room.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- The fencing center and equipment get cleaned daily: before, during and after practice.